Thursday, July 17, 2014

The Golden Rule Pt. 1

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you..." -Matthew 7:12

I'm sure we've all heard this or a paraphrase of it. I'm also sure many of us haven't done this, at least not very often. A supposed "golden rule," it would hope to have society be the best it could be- can you imagine if we all looked to others and thought of them more than we do ourselves? Maybe following this rule would only amount to making someone's day, but maybe it could be so much more. Maybe more people would be heard, understood, seen. Maybe there wouldn't be so much hunger or so many broken people. I don't really know, but maybe.

One of my favorite websites (SheReadsTruth), gave the advice of asking yourself what you want people to do for you, then grab the initiative and do it for them. So here it goes, I'm going to think honestly of things I would like, and then over these next couple of days, I'm going to look to give/do them for others around me. We'll deem it the Golden Challenge :).

So, I would like...

Someone to help me clean my room! (it's a tad messy...)

To not worry about having others judge me

To have a peace of mind over finances

To be loved/ to keep being loved

A beautiful night out filled with fun (preferably a date, but a girls' night out would be good too ;)


Well, I'll get back to ya on how it goes!
And you can certainly join me in the Golden Challenge if you like! Who knows, but maybe something beautiful will come from it. Just maybe :)




No comments:

Post a Comment