Monday, December 9, 2013

"Say What You Need to Say"

Some things are hard to say. You're afraid you'll hurt someone's feelings or what seems worse yet, yours will be. They're the things you feel your heart tugging at you to say; the things you don't want to but have to.

Words hold an awful lot of weight, and I know I sometimes don't speak at all because I'm afraid the words will be to heavy for me or for someone else. This past week or so I felt a tug to say words to someone I'd been putting off. I didn't want to, and I was scared to, but God gives you the grace to do what He calls you to.

It was scary because I had no control how the other person would react. I could only control the words I spoke. The words were heavy as they often are, but I felt such a peace once I let them go because I'd put off the weight I'd been holding.

It can be scary to say the words you have to, and there will be times when things go horribly wrong because of them. However, it's far worse to hold them in because you never know what might have happened if you let them out. The power they could have if you let them breathe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JONA_6ZCrE

No comments:

Post a Comment