Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Lives of Action

"This sounds like a good idea." "Yeah, I totally agree with that." "People should really do that." While these phrases in and of themselves aren't bad things, they often veil a heart condition and attitude that are detrimental. They're the products of contentment― of being ok with where you are even if it's not where God wants you. We can believe in things, in causes, and we can say high and mighty words of what is right or of what we should be doing. In the end, though, they're all only abstract. We need to be living concretely.

While thinking things and believing things are both important, they are only the starting point. In a race, when you step up to the starting line, you have to come thinking that you're going to do well and that you'll get to the finish line. However, if you simply stand there thinking that, when the gun goes off, you won't reach the finish line. You have to put those thoughts into action. You thought of doing well, but now it's time to actually put one foot in front of the other. It's time to actually race.

I really struggle with this. I have so many ideas of what I want to do and how I want to live my life in a way that honors and reflects God. But everyday, I get caught up in the clouds. I don't always let these thoughts seep into my heart. They don't get applied or built into actions, but they remain as blueprints.

So let us, both you and I, strive to live lives of action.

No comments:

Post a Comment