Sunday, August 20, 2017

Run Your Path

Tomorrow, I start my second week of medical school here in the Caribbean. It's already been a lot of work, and there have been some moments where I don't think I'll be able to hold out on this little island for 2 years. I worry I won't be able to stick with the amount of work. In those moments, I think of how nice it would be to go back home with my loved ones. How nice it would be to have free time. But then, I also think of what else I would want to do with my life. And nothing honestly comes up. Certainly nothing I'd want to do forever.

So then I remember why I am off in the middle of the ocean; I remember my dream and passion - to become a doctor. This isn't how I had ever imagined it happening, but I'm awfully thankful it is. I'm sure many of you are going through moments or paths that you never pictured either. But never let yourself lose sight of the bigger picture. There will be people who say no, including yourself. There will be times when you have to take a detour. But at the end of the day, never let your soul forget its purpose.

Whatever it is, it is your path. "Walk it. Run it. And keep on running." -Think Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEV1rlzh-UI

No comments:

Post a Comment