Sunday, February 2, 2014

Worn Out

I don't know about you, but I've certainly been feeling tired lately. It's hard with all of life's demands always bombarding you; from staying up late doing schoolwork to spending time with friends, there's so much that seems to zap your energy.

The other day in chapel, our chapel director reminded me to find refreshment in God. I might be tired and have nothing left to give, but Christ always has an abundance. He may not take away the stress, but He will give you the strength and joy to get through it. Matthew 11:28-30 has been incredibly uplifting to me:

“Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.”

All we have to do is come to God. That's all He asks of us in order to find rest. Yet often times when I get weary, I tend to feel sorry for myself and forget to run into Christ's loving arms.

I've been listening to a song called "Satisfied In You (Psalm 42)" by The Sing Team and the bridge has been reminding me where my heart should be even when I feel drained.


"Let my sighs give way to songs that sing about your faithfulness 
Let my pain reveal your glory as my only real rest
Let my losses show me all I truly have is you."

I hope you aren't worn out, but if you are, may you be refreshed!

No comments:

Post a Comment